For our surgical patients, please review these instructions as requested by our surgery scheduling department.
Avoid aspirin or products containing aspirin for 2 weeks prior to your surgery. Please contact our office if you have questions about specific medications.
DO NOT EAT OR DRINK (INCLUDING WATER) FOR AT LEAST 8-10 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR SURGERY!
FAILURE TO COMPLY MAY RESULT IN CANCELLATION OF YOUR SURGERY!
Avoid aspirin or products containing aspirin for 2 weeks prior to your surgery. Please contact our office if you have questions about specific medications. The day prior to your procedure, you should have a regular breakfast and lunch followed by clear liquids until midnight. At approximately 8pm you will do ONE Fleet Enema Suppository (follow instructions on package). This can be purchased in the laxative isle of any drug store. NO LIQUIDS FOR AT LEAST 8-10 HRS PRIOR TO YOUR SURGERY!
THE DAY OF SURGERY:
- Dress in comfortable, loose fitting clothes with flat shoes.
- Leave all jewelry, including any piercing jewelry, and valuables at home.
- Do not wear contact lenses or makeup.
- You should be freshly bathed with no powders, deodorant, lotions, or colognes.
- If the patient is a minor child, a legal guardian must accompany the patient.
- Report to the hospital or outpatient center 2 hrs prior to the scheduled surgery time.
- In most cases the hospital will contact you 24 hrs prior to admission.
- For outpatient or day surgery, you should arrange for someone to drive you home.
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SCHEDULE YOUR 2 WEEK POST-OP APPOINTMENT
If you have questions or concerns, please contact our office at 602-466-1111