For our surgical patients, please review these instructions as requested by our surgery scheduling department.
Avoid aspirin or products containing aspirin for 2 weeks prior to your surgery. Please contact our office if you have questions about specific medications.
DO NOT EAT OR DRINK (INCLUDING WATER) FOR AT LEAST 8-10 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR SURGERY!
FAILURE TO COMPLY MAY RESULT IN CANCELLATION OF YOUR SURGERY!
THE DAY OF SURGERY:
- Dress in comfortable, loose fitting clothes with flat shoes.
- Leave all jewelry, including any piercing jewelry, and valuables at home.
- Do not wear contact lenses or makeup.
- You should be freshly bathed with no powders, deodorant, lotions, or colognes.
- If the patient is a minor child, a legal guardian must accompany the patient.
- report to the hospital or outpatient center 2 hours prior to the scheduled surgery time.
- In most cases the hospital will contact you 24 hours prior to admission.
- For outpatient or day surgery, you should arrange for someone to drive you home.
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO SCHEDULE YOUR 2 WEEK POST -OP APPOINTMENT